Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Landon's First Day of Preschool

Well, I made it through Landon's first day of preschool yesterday. I was emotional all morning long and could not quit tearing up. I knew that was going to happen - DANG IT! After all the kids were gone to school and Chris to work, I was doing his hair and getting him ready to go by 9. He looked up at me in the mirror and said, "mommy, why do you keep crying?" I tried to explain to him that I was having a hard time because I was getting ready to send my baby to school. He crinkled his nose and smiled and said, "If I were a baby, I wouldn't be going to school, silly." I had to chuckle. He made me smile, but little did he realize that that's exactly why I was crying....because he's so grown up. It's so hard to believe that he'll be 5 in November.

Landon has always been so different than the other three. He's always had a sense of independence that the others didn't have at that early age. It was so hard to get the first three to go to kindergarten. They'd hide behind me and hold on to my leg for dear life. Not Landon. He stood still for a picture or two, turned around and ran into class without looking back. He has been so excited to start. Especially because 3 of his best friends are in his class. The picture of the four of them, from left to right are Dylan, Jake, Landon and Max. He had a grin from ear to ear when he came home and was so eager to tell me all about his day. Then he started talking about what they were going to do tomorrow. He was really mad when I told him that he didn't get to go everyday. Only Tuesdays and Thursdays. So all I've heard today - which is Wednesday - is, "Is it Thursday yet? Is it Thursday yet?? When is it going to be Thursday?"

I know this is going to be a GREAT experience for him. I think it will be good for him to have some organized structure to his day away from all of the daycare at home. Now if I can just cut an apron string - or at least lengthen it - so that I don't bawl every Tuesday and Thursday.........

1 comment:

Rachey-Foo said...

awww! you'll be okay. :)