Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summer Rain




Like mother like daughter! Emmy inherited my LOVE for SUMMER RAIN!! For as long as I can remember, I have loved the rain. The sound is so soothing and I love to watch the lightning. I wish I had a porch to sit on, but at least we have big windows! There is nothing like cuddling up in a warm blanket while the cold breeze dances across your face and you listen to the pitter patter of the rain outside.....ahhhhhhhhh......


But sometimes just listening isn't enough and you have to go DANCE in it! There is such a happy emotion that happens as the rain drops soak through your clothes and drips off your face. It's so much FUN!!

Just as the weatherman promised, the cold front arrived today and when Emmy discovered that the rain had begun to fall, she promptly went out to play. I sat and watched her through the kitchen window with such fond memories of my childhood. She had no idea she had an audience until she saw the flash of my camera go off. I wish so bad that my camcorder was working......dang it....I just have to get a new one really soon.

It didn't take long for her to get soaked and then she got cold. She came inside and took a steaming hot bath - ahhhhh, so cozy! But before she got in the bathtub, she just had to give daddy a really WET hug! And daddy is like a kitty cat and HATES getting wet...ESPECIALLY when the air is wet and humid!! Finally, she has something she can do to torment him, just like he torments her - in a loving way, of course!














1 comment:

Rachey-Foo said...

sooooooooo adorable!! i love it.

nice job, mom, at catching that kodak moment. ;)