Monday, August 18, 2008

A New School Year







Another school year has started. It's so hard to believe. I say this so much, but I just can't get a grasp on how fast time is passing. Todd is in 6th grade, Emmy in 4th, Dylan in 2nd and Landon starts preschool tomorrow. OH MY GOSH....I just can't believe how fast they're growing. Almost as fast as the weeds in my flower gardens.
Today was Emily's first day of school. She was so nervous. Poor thing. She inherited the shy gene from both me and Chris. I don't think it was so much that she was headed to class with a bunch of new faces, but rather that she was self conscious about her outfit. (I added a picture of Miley Cyrus so all of you can see where Em got her outfit inspiration from.) SHE loves her outfit, but she was so worried about what other people would think....about the socks, mostly. It's so hard to teach a 9 year old that it doesn't matter what others think as long as she likes it. Luckily, she had her friend, Brooke there to support her! Brooke loved Emmy's outfit so much that she copied her. I thought it was so cute that they planned to wear their outfits together. Actually, I was more grateful than anything that Brooke wore the same thing so that Em didn't have to feel like she was standing out like a sore thumb.
Todd and Dylan are on a different track this year than Emily, as per my request, so they've been in school since July 28th. Emily has had a girl in her class the last two years that has been a spoiled rotten brat/bully to her. I DID NOT want her in the same class with her again, so I found out which track she was going to be on and requested something different for Em. I didn't want 4th grade to be a bad experience for her just because of one girl who can't behave herself. I'm not sure how much I'm going to like them being on different tracks, but we're giving it a whirl.

Todd is so excited about 6th grade. He is part of the Safety Patrol for the school and gets to help make sure students stay safe by crossing in cross walks where there is a stop sign. He also applied and was accepted to be a part of the Spirit Club this year. I'm not sure what the Spirit Club does, but he sure was excited when he received his acceptance letter in the mail.
Landon is excited to start preschool, but I'm not sharing his enthusiasm so much. I'm sending my baby to school!! I just know I'm going to cry tomorrow morning when I drop him off. Luckily it's only two days a week. Maybe I can learn to enjoy that time. Hmmmmm.....who am I kidding?? I still have daycare!!!!! UGH. That's a whole other story.

1 comment:

Rachey-Foo said...

her outfit is adorable! and i LOVE the socks! they totally make the outfit. :)

time passes so quickly. that's why we blog...to capture the moments!!

love ya! glad you joined up!! :)