Friday, November 18, 2011

I'll Conquer The Beast

This is how the evening started off.  Happy, positive, excited, with christmas music playing on the stereo, I was ready to conquer the skinny pencil tree.  The bottom half was done; the fattest part.  How hard could the rest be right?

It wasn't so bad.  Am I mad that I have to restring this tree?  Eh, not really.  I knew this one had to be done.  I was prepared mentally!  And then.....just as I was falling into my groove, half of the brand new freakin' string that I had just put on the tree, went out!  LIVID!  I was LIVID!  Sitting and staring at them didn't make them come back on.  So I sat and fretted for a long while instead.  I think those furrows in my forhead are going to be permanant.  Dangit!  So much for the compliment I was paid today.  Whilst at the ENT, I was told that I don't look like I could have a 15 year old!  That audiologist made my day!  (Maybe she needs her eyes checked)

I tore that string off and perservered, and alas, I did CONQUER the beast!

OK, shut up!  I see the branch RIGHT OUT IN FRONT that I missed.  Don't take the wind out of my sails.  I'll cover it up when I decorate it!  FLIP!  It's always somethin'.

Can't wait to decorate it in the morning!  I'm tired.  It's 1:57 in the blessed A.M.  I'm going to bed.



1 comment:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Ooh it looks so purty! Our tradition is always the day after Thanksgiving. Kids are exited. :)