Monday, November 7, 2011

You Are Go For TLI

Trans Lunar Injection, to be exact.

Many, many months ago (April, to be exact), Meister embarked on a mission to build the boys a "basic" spaceship to play in, in the backyard.  HA!!  Basic, my big, fat, cottage cheese butt.  ;)  Meister doesn't do "basic".  I knew the second he started cutting wood that it wouldn't be basic.  Let me show you what I mean. 

Starting with plywood, recycled from the playhouse he built for the kids when they were little, he cut and put together his basic shape of the descent stage of the Lunar Module, used during the Apollo space era that took men to the moon.  Yes, my boys are obsessed!!  But you already know that.  ;)


From there, he was just going to do an easy, boxy top, aka ascent stage.  You know, just something to put on top that they could stand inside of.  But Meister being the perfectionist he is just couldn't settle for something boxy.  I honestly have no idea what that "boxy" top even looked like in his head because he completely abandoned that idea before he ever tried to build it.  Instead, he came up with this:

Basic?  What's basic about this?  I was blown away!  But alas, the boys had their "basic", as defined by daddy, spaceship.  They were so excited to play on it.  But WAIT!  (Insert sounds of a screeching halt here)  Meister said he wanted to make just a few changes and add a little detail that would only take a little bit of time.

He completely disassembled it and spent endless hour upon hour tweaking and adding to this amazing space craft.

I can't even begin to add up how many hours and sleepless nights Meister spent on this little project of his.  SO much love and excitement went in to building this Lunar Module for the boys.  This is most definitely his magnum opus!  Watching him watch the boys makes my heart swell and brings tears to my eyes.  He is such a great daddy!  He loves us so much and it shows in all things he does for us on a daily basis.  I LOVE you, Meister.  Thank you for being such a great daddy and wonderful husband.

Although he still has a few antenna dishes and thrusters to add, I'd say his replica is pretty dang AWESOME!!  My jaw still drops in awe of this fun spacecraft he built with so much LOVE!




2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Wow. WOW. That is hardcore awesome!!!! Way to go! I love people's awesomesauce dreams!

Traci said...

way cool!!! i will have to show this to my son!
isn't it nice having such talented husbands!!!