Sunday, November 6, 2011

Special Weekend

Another milestone has been hit by my baby boy.  Every time this happens, I cry a little.  OK, maybe a lot.  He turned 8 on Friday and was baptized on Saturday.  He's growing at a very rapid rate and has lost his little boy look all of a sudden.  How is this possible?  He's a good sport about being called my baby and indulges my want to cuddle with him.  He'll even let me sing Rock A Bye Baby to him every now and again....even still.  And when I do, my heart sings.  Most of the time, tears flood my eyes and my emotions betray me. 

From the time he was a newborn until he hit about 4 1/2, it was part of my night time ritual to hold him tight, by his bed, and sing that song to him.  Without fail, his eyes would get heavy and he'd drift off to sleep to the sound of my lullaby in his ear.  As he got a little older and began to fight nap time, despite being obviously tired, I'd hold him and start singing.  He'd try soooo hard to keep his eyes open, but to no avail.  I was able to lull him to sleep every time!!!  I LOVE that memory of him.  It so fun to think back to those days.




Daddy baptized him

Landon's one request for his baptism was that his big brother confirm him.  I have no idea where he got the idea from, but it's something he really wanted and was very important to him.  We're so grateful that he was able to take time from his busy class schedule from BYU-I to come down and make Landon's day extra special.

Landon's Great Grandma was also able to here.  She's lived far away, in Alaska, for a long time and when she finally moved back, she decided to go on a mission.  She recently returned from her mission in Las Vegas and was over joyed to be able to attend such an awesome family event.  We love her very much and are grateful she's finally home. 

She was so sweet to accept my request to give the Holy Ghost talk during the baptism.  One of our favorite memories is that she kept calling Landon, Dylan, during her talk.  No matter how many times we corrected her or how hard she tried to remember, she kept calling him by the wrong name.  She told me that she was picturing the right little boy in her head, but his name kept coming out wrong.  We got some good laughs.  She's our very special GRANDMA GREAT!!!!

Thank you so much to all our family and friends that came out to support Landon on his special day!  Even those of you who couldn't make it and were there in spirit!  We love you all very much.
 

1 comment:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh how sweet! The pictures turned out so beautiful! Congratulations to "Dylan"!!!