Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poor, Poor Little Jenna

It had been a while since I'd made a DI run, but I happened to be there to find some little play props for my sons classroom play one night, when I decided I should go see if there was anything worth buying and taking home in the furniture dept.  I came across this poor little dresser that had been abused and scratched by a little girl named Jenna.  I guess she wanted everyone to know that that dresser was hers.  She even inscribed cute little hearts all over it that, I'm guessing, a brother, didn't like and scratched out.  Needless to say, I saw so much potential in this beautiful little thing, and knew that it would make the perfect TV stand that my sister has been looking for and hoping to find for MONTHS.  And wouldn't ya know....her birthday was that very next day!!!!

I was in such a hurry to get 'er done, that I almost forgot to take a before picture.  I already had LOTS of wood filler on the big, major scratches and had started to take the old hardware off, when I remembered to take the picture.  Why didn't I think to take a picture of Jenna's name and all the hearts?  Oh well.  At least you get the idea.  She was in pretty bad shape.

BUT, I sanded 'er down, gave 'er sponge bath and painted 'er all nice and pretty.  Isn't she absolutely ADORABLE??!?!!!  Sorry Jenna (and Jenna's mom)  you just didn't know what you were giving away, and now she's mine!  Well, Lisa's.  And you can't have 'er back.

I just love the new accessories I picked out for her.  They make such a HUGE difference, don't they?  LOVE Hobby Lobby for new hardware.

Then, with the help of my little sister, I delivered it to my sister's house while she was at work.  I wish I could have stayed to see the look on her face when she walked through the door, but, alas, I'm a busy woman and had prior commitments to fulfill. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lisa!!!  You're the BEST big sister EVER!  I love you dearly and cherish all the time we get to spend together!  And to Heather, my little sister, who helped me carry that sucker up the stairs, a BIG, HUGE THANK YOU!!  You are the BEST little sister, EVER!!!  I ditto everything I said to Lisa to you, too!!!!  I am so blessed to have such great friends in my sisters.  I love them both so much and don't know what I'd do without them.  You know we must be pretty close to show up to an event all wearing the very same shirt, just different colors!  ;)  That happens waaay more often than you think it would.  It's kinda freaky!!!  And just for the record for all of you who are wondering why I'm so blond and they're not.....well, I don't know, but they were as blond as me once upon a time!!!!  I guess as they got older, they got darker, like our mom, and I stayed blond, like our dad. 
L to R:  Lisa, Me, Heather

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Girl, nice snag!! Looks fabulous!

You're such a nice sis.

RINA :) said...

So sweet Jennie! Lisa's soooo lucky, but definitely deserves it! LOVE YOU LADIES!

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic!! I love the pulls you picked out!

Traci said...

fun to see a pic of heather, u both look great! what a nice gift too, love it!!!
loved ur flowers in ur yard, what to fly out and help me with my yard????
hope u don't mind, but i am going to put ur blog on my blog list!!!:)