Monday, April 11, 2011

What's Your Perspective?

My blog posts have been far and few between lately.  I've been so busy working on 5 things at once that nothings getting finished.  BUT, that is a bout to change, I promise!!

Until then, I wanted to link up to another one of Tracy's parties!  This time, it's all about angle.



So, much like I've done in the past, I'm using pictures that I've taken in the last little while.  I wish that mother nature would take her Prozac in these parts and allow spring to come already.  I'm SO OVER winter!!  Incidentally, this is what my poor tulips are enduring for the time being.  And since I wasn't about to lay down in the snow, because I wasn't appropriately dressed, I just pointed and shot this picture, so it's not the best, but you can see a much better picture right below.  This picture and the one below are taken at ground level, looking up, as it is on a slight hill. 


THIS is what my flower garden will look like in a couple of weeks.  I'm so anxious for the blue sky, warm temps and for these beauties to bloom again!



Since I'm still balking about it feeling like winter, I thought I'd throw in a couple of my favorite pictures from about a month ago.  We have a place in the mountains we love to go tubing/sledding at.  The kids have a ball, as you can see in these fun pictures. 

This one is my youngest son.  I laid down on my stomach so that I would be below him as he came off the jump.  I wanted to catch his air time!  Rather than centering this picture, I composed it so he'd be in the upper corner, not just capturing his launch, but also his landing strip.  I think this definitely adds interest to the picture.


My 11 year old daughter had a heck of a time convincing her younger cousin to go down the steep hill with her.  Although you can't see how big the hill really is, I think their faces tell it all.  If you haven't already, you've got to click on this one and enlarge it to see Kailey's face! She's having fun, yet looks terrified at the same time!
 


My son was busy with his Lego's not too long ago, and was so proud to show my his creation.  I just had to take a picture.  I took this one at ground level.  I offset him a little, making sure to get the bucket of Lego's in the picture as well. 



Here is one of my daughter (in the bottom, right hand corner) and 4 of her neighborhood friends at their dance recital.  I thought with all 5 of them in the same dance class, it would be fun to do a little photo shoot with all of them dressed alike.  I stood above them for this one.



These next two pictures were taken in Moab.  We took our kids from Florida to hike one of the beautiful National Parks in Southern Utah.  We had a great time and can't wait to go back again.  This picture is of  our oldest, who appears to be hanging on for dear life over the edge of a wall.  Obviously, this one is all about illusion.


Although there were some death defying cliffs that had my stomach churning, Chris is really just crouching down on this ledge that Chelsea is sitting on in the picture below.  Isn't the view breathtaking??!?!?!!! 



Oh how I long for summer!  This picture was taken last summer at the pool that my handsome nephew worked at as a life guard.  I really wanted to take his picture, but he wasn't so willing to let me do so, so I had to be sneaky.  I simply held my camera at waist height, so he didn't realize I was taking it, pointed and shot.  Every time I held the camera up to my eye, he'd turn away or cover his face.  I got SO LUCKY with this one and actually got a centered picture!  I also love the sun flare.  It's seems so appropriate for the time of year!



I hope you enjoyed my angled pictures!  I was really wanting to go somewhere and shoot new pictures, but the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL!!!!!  It's just too darn cold.  And with that, I leave you with one last picture of the blossoms on my tree getting ready to pop!  Hopefully I'll be singing in the sun in the next week or so.



Oh!  WAIT!  Just because I can......I want to include this video of Chris.  Not only does he do a great cover of Jack Johnson, I kinda liked his ANGLES in it, too.  =)  Hope you enjoy it!  He played/sang each part seperately and then mixed it together on his laptop.  (Please never mind my messy, soon-to-be-finished basement.)

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Yeah, I think I've pretty much had it as well with this UT weather. I know you're shocked out of your mind.

The tulips are beautiful!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I feel so bad for you and your weather situtation. I can only imagine how tired of cold you must be. The cold did look fun with the sleds though! I really enjoyed all the different photos and reading about them. I appreicate you linking up. And what awesome musical talent to wrap it all up! :)

HeatherLovesClay said...

I loved your pictures! My husband grew up an hour south of Moab and we visit his family frequently, so I have a soft spot in my heart for red rock country! I enjoyed the different angles you took!

Ronna said...

These are so great Jen! I love that you think abut and determine angles before you take photo's....I just sort of point and shoot and hope for the best....and sometimes, I get lucky! Remind me to show you the one I took of the Seattle Temple Spire....it turned out great!

Katie said...

What wonderful photos and descriptions :) There are so many great shots--the mid air sledding one definitely caught my eye! I am hoping your spring flowers are finally popping through to spread some cheer! Thanks for linking up to Tracy's party!

Katie@Little Things Bring Smiles