Friday, April 15, 2011

What A Tease

Comparatively speaking, today was an absolutely GORGEOUS day!!!  It didn't quite hit 60 degrees, but I don't give a crap!  The sun was SHINING and the sky was BLUE!!!  Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!?!?!!!!  Looky what we got to do today!  I just LOOOOOVE the sound of lawn mowers on the weekends!  I also happen to love the smell of fresh cut grass, despite the fact that I'm very allergic to it.  WHY, then was I lying in it to take this picture?  I don't know, but I had to be quick because the mower was running, and he was coming straight for me!!   Just look at the look on his face.  The little turd didn't even slow down.   He thought he was pretty funny.  =)


I also got to play in the dirt!  I fluffed my flower beds and pulled the first of the weeds this season.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to work in my flower gardens.  I could sit my butt in the dirt and weed all day long and be completely content.  Truth be told, gardening is a spiritual thing for me.  I feel closest to my maker when I'm outside soaking in the beauty that surrounds me.


Although we're slated to get lots of rain in the next week, I'm THRILLED that the temps will hover around 60!  I can deal with the rain if the temps are a smidge warmer than they have been.  And the sun promises to peek through the clouds a day or two.  Can you hear me singing?  HERE COMES THE SUN!!!!  YAAAAY!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I surely miss two weeks ago. Can we have a do over of that warmth and goodness?? :)