Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chris' Surprise 40th Birthday Party!

My heart was racing and my adrenaline was pumping so hard today in anticipation of this surprise party!! I hadn't been so excited, giddy and nervous with anticipation like that since I was waiting for Chris to come pick me up for our first date in February of 1995!!

Thanks to Chris' boss, Linda, and his good buddy, Duane, I was able to pull off the BEST, most unsuspected surprise EVER!! I coordinated with Linda to make this look like an employee appreciation lunch, which they do quite often at L-3. She spread the word and got everyone on board to meet me, Chelsea, Landon and Chris' mom at Red Iguana for lunch, in celebration of Chris' 40th birthday. Which, isn't until July 11th, but I had to get him early so he wouldn't suspect me. Besides that, he's taking next week off so the surprise wouldn't have worked. Everyone but Chris knew what was going on. It was soooo much fun!!!!

I decorated the tables with balloons, candy and random pictures of Chris for his co-workers to enjoy. I think they got a kick out of the pictures. Despite what they may really think (or wonder), they got a small glimpse of the WONDERFUL, AWESOME, SILLY and FUN husband, father and family man that he is.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Linda for helping me orchestrate this PERFECT surprise....And to everyone else that was there! You helped me make it a special day for him. One I'm sure he'll never forget!!!! The best thing was that I managed to completely blind side him! He wasn't on to me at all!!! YAY!!!!!








4 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Seriously!!! You rock girl! I loved the look on his face. Way to pull off a great surprise!!

Heather said...

WOW! how come you never mentioned it to me that you where going to do this??! That's awesome...you finally pulled one over on him!

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise for Chris! I love just the way you put it - giddy like your first date you had with him! He's a very lucky guy!!

Rachey-Foo said...

that's awesome, Jenn!! surprises are hard to pull off. so good job!!!