Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tulips

It seems that Spring took it's time getting here this year. Usually, my tulips are gone by now and I'm cutting them down in preparation to plant my petunias. These beauties are brand new to my front flower bed this year. I bought the bulbs last September, but never got around to planting them and before I knew it, it was coooold and the snow had come a time or two. Then, the very first Saturday in December, we had a relatively warm snap, so I hurried and put them in the ground. I'm am sooooo glad I did! I have had so many people rave about how gorgeous they are. I'd have to agree :) They're kind of hard to see because they have completely bloomed yet, but notice the cute, little, purple grape hyacinths in the front of the yellow tulips (they're not daffodils).


3 comments:

Erica Williams said...

I have noticed your beautiful flowers many times. Great job with them! I love the pink and yellow together.

Jules Place said...

We went to the tulip festival and the tulips there were beautiful too. I love tulips and need to plant more of them.

The Green Family said...

They are gorgeous Jen. I love to drive down the road and see them.