Friday, January 16, 2009

CLAUSTROPHOBIC!!!!!


So I discovered today that I am MOST DEFINITELY claustrophobic!! The thought of teeny, tiny, tight spaces has always kind of freaked me out, but I'd never been in one until today when I had my MRI & MRA done. I have to say, and call me what you will, but that was one of the SCARIEST things I've ever had to go through. That was the LONGEST 45 minutes of my life - seriously!!!

When they put me inside that tunnel, I felt an instant shot of adrenaline rush through my body and I started breathing hard and fast. I knew my head was locked into a contraption that wouldn't open inside the tunnel....what if something went wrong and I couldn't get out??!?!?!?!!! I felt a sudden anxiety I never had before and wanted out really bad!! Just as fast as all of this happened, I realized that I had to just close my eyes, slow down my breathing and try my best to relax. I was able to control my anxiety, but I don't ever want to do that again! And if I have to, I'm asking for a valium first!!!!!

I just hope it didn't affect my IUD. During parts of the MRI, I seriously felt a tugging sensation in that area like someone was trying to take it out of my belly button. I suppose that if I have to make an announcement in the next few months, we'll all know why. UGH....

4 comments:

RINA :) said...

Poor thing! I'm glad you pulled through :) I hope everything is ok! (Especially the IUD thing-ok maybe not, I would love another niece or nephew-lol). Love you!

Ronna said...

Jennie, I laughed so hard! You are great at the descriptive element and have a great turn of phrase.....let's hope no announcement is necessary!

PS -- Jon says, "WOW! Too much information."

Jen said...

AMEN to that Ronna!! I can't even imagine....

The Green Family said...

You poor girl! I should have told you to ask for a sedative. It's the only way to go in that loud, airtight machine. Let us know what you find out and we will know now why Chris won't sit by you. It's the big fear of the non-functional IUD:).