Monday, February 2, 2009

Fast Sunday

Yesterday as I was getting ready for church, I overheard this conversation among my kids:

Landon: Todd where have you been?

Todd: Out collecting fast offerings because it's fast Sunday.

Emily: (as she was puring a bowl of cereal) Oh crap! It is fast Sunday!

Landon: Yeah, it is.

Dylan: Landon, you don't even know what that is.

Landon: Yes I do!! It's when you have to get to church fast!!

There was a roar of laughter that came from the living room as I walked out to where they were. Landon was so serious, turned to the others with a scowl and tightly pursed lips and said, "Well then it's means that church goes fast today." He then ran into his room with a smile from ear to ear on his face to hide.

7 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Ya gotta just love those kids. I love it when they say stuff that gets ya laughing!

Any word from your CT???

Mike and Heather said...

that's funny! he's such a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

Now that we have early church, Fast Sunday seems faster! Yea!!

Debbie said...

I wish that it meant Sunday was faster once a month! That'd be great. I love the innocence of a child!

hermansenhello said...

Hi Jennie! Blogging is so addicting...and I only just started! Eric's just finishing his first licensing step-not sure what it's called, but he's hoping to have his commercial license by next year, I think. He's got to fly hundreds of hours before he can have a real job flying commercial, though, so it will be a while before we get any perks! Debbie

hermansenhello said...

I forgot to tell you that your family and blogs are so fun to read about and I hope everything is ok with your test results.

The Green Family said...

That is hilarious! The best thoughts come from the mouth of babes. Tell Todd we were sorry we missed him on Sunday(I was in my robe when they came).