Friday, December 26, 2008

Now That The Christmas Rush Is Through....

I can sit down and highlight the month. I already blogged about our Candlelight Christmas experience, but I just wanted to post a few of the other things we did throughout the month.

HAND DIPPED CHOCOLATES















Me and my sisters dip chocolates every year. It's been a tradition in our family since we were knee high to the ants! The kids anticipate this event every year, just as we did when we were little! They love to gather round the table and watch us make and roll fondant and then hand dip them. They take turns licking the spoons and sampling the chocolates when they dry.













I also make caramel cashew logs!! They are SO yummy and literally IRRESISTIBLE. Once you start eating them, you cannot stop :)



THREW A SURPRISE LUAU BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR MY NIECE, SHANI'S SWEET 16






Picture props







and decorations

I hired a guy from my ward to DJ. They were dancing to "Every Time We Touch"





Macarena



The Limbo.....




......how low can you go?




And many, many more. They all had a BLAST!!!






Make a SWEET 16 wish!





AWESOME FRIENDS









and FAMILY













shared her special day!!







CHRISTMAS EVE WITH CHRIS' FAMILY





Jordan and Corbin




Spencer and Dick



Dylan, Todd, Anthony and Landon



April, Chris and Corie



Oma and Alexander







Lisa, Shanese and Emmy


Last time we did a Nativity, Emmy was baby Jesus!







Nice disguise :)










CHRISTMAS MORNING





We woke up to about a foot of snow! (It started snowing around 9 p.m. Christmas Eve) I'll bet Santa was grateful to have Rudolph :)




A WHITE Christmas! How DREAMY.





Dylan said, "It's just like on Home Alone when it snowed on Christmas morning!"


Waiting so very patiently for sleepy head dad to get out of bed!!!






I had Todd convinced that there was NO WAY he was getting an IPod Nano!! Hehehehe....sooooo fun to be devious ;P






Emmy was WAY TOO practical for a 9 year old! She BEGGED for new stuff to decorate her room!




All Dylan could think about was getting a padlock with a key, NOT a combination! If that had been the ONLY thing he got, he would've been perfectly happy. Nice to enjoy the simplicity while it lasts!!!





Landon FINALLY has his own DS! Now he doesn't have to wait for the others to share theirs.








WOW!! No wonder I'm WORN OUT and looking forward to a quiet week at home!! Busy, busy month, but wouldn't trade it for the world. Like I've said a MILLION times, this time of year is all about FAMILY! We've been trying so hard to make it to Temple Square, but things just haven't worked out. First we had a bunch of sick family members and then the snow was to scary for everyone to drive in and we decided it wasn't worth the risk of injury! So now, we're shooting for Sunday night. Grandma Saunders just flew in to town tonight, so hopefully, knock on wood, she'll get to see the lights with us.
I just want to tell all of my loved ones how much I love them and how blessed I feel to have them in my life. You're all so great and a very important part of me. You are what makes my world ROCK! THANKS for being who you are and for loving me. What more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT month you've had!! I had no idea you dipped your own chocolates! You are a woman of many, MANY talents!! Happy New Year!

Jules Place said...

You are keeping up a wonderful Myrick custom! I miss eating chocolates at mom and dad's at Christmas Time!