Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's A Party And You're Invited

You know how it goes...you read one blog and then you learn about another, and another, then another.  It goes on forever!  Well, that's how I found Tracy's blog.  I thought I'd link up to her bokeh party today.

I must admit, I haven't always loved bokeh like I do now.  Photography styles have changed  since I first started in high school, so maybe that's why, I really don't know.  Nonetheless, I could not live without my 50mm lens!  I love to make my suject(s) pop against that blurry background.

Here are a few of my faves from the last several months:


                      Oh, how time flies.  I taught this young lady in sunday school when she was 12.


             This glowing mommy-to-be grew up in my neighborhood and was expecting her first baby.


                       My son on his 14th birthday, being shy and not wanting to look at the camera.


My daughter, being shy, like her brother.  It's a family thing.


                   Had to be quick with the shutter release to get her actually looking at me.  GOOD GRIEF, she looks JUST like me!!!


I didn't blur this one too much, just enough. 
                                              


Seashells my kids left on the deck of our condo


This UGLY crawdad had a tiny, little Nemo claw  


4 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Great photos...love the portraits!!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oooh so lovely! The shells pic just draws me in.

Honey at 2805 said...

Great photos and you have some beautiful faces to work with!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I am soooo glad you found me and the party. You have serious talent. I love your photos. Your daughter does look just like you. She is beautiful. Thanks for linking.