Saturday, October 2, 2010

My House Makeover

I just left a comment on this blog (you have GOT to check her awesomeness out.  She is AMAZING, and better yet, I've found someone as cheap as I am!!!!!) about my children's rooms and their unique, individualized paint jobs.  Thinking that I had pictures posted of each room, I told her she could check them out if she wanted to.  Just out of curiosity, I went back a year, only to find that the only room I blogged about was the boys'.  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??  I guess I overlooked it after I posted the pictures on facebook.  UGH.  Anyway.....just for fun, I thought I'd post before and after pictures of the rooms I've done in the past year.  =)


CHELSEA'S ROOM

So this isn't the best before picture, but this once Americana themed room with taupe walls and navy blue trim turned into this:

She didn't want a typical headboard.  She wanted to paint a sun!  So we did!!

I just have to mention that we found these curtain panels/bed cover at Bed Bath and Beyond for a mere $5!!!



EMMY'S ROOM

Again, not the greatest before picture, but Emmy's room was a DARLING garden room, once upon a time.  She turned 10 and told me she was too old for that, so I PAINSTAKINGLY did this for her:




The stripes took FOREVER to do, but it was so worth the end result!!!  And the colors are ADORABLE!!  Orange has ALWAYS been her favorite color.



TODD, DYLAN and LANDON'S ROOM


Yes, their room was built from scratch in the basement!!  And since it's a HUGE room with a HUGE walk-in closet, all 3 of them are in one room!  But there's so much space that it's not a big deal.  We once called this the dungeon.  But now, it's a trip to the Milky Way!



The stars weren't quite finished when I took this picture, but you get the idea!  Did I mention that ALL of the boys, including the one I married, LOOOVE the Apollo Space Program that took men to the moon??  As if that weren't obvious!!!!



All these lights charge the glow-in-the-dark stars so that when they turn the lights off to go to bed (or to play), they're in space. =)

Their suiting up station.

And just because I think they looked AWESOME for Halloween last year, here they are in their costumes:

(the picture was taken at the Clark Planetarium on the moonscape)



THE BATHROOM

Rubber Duckies were cute.....10 years ago when the kids were toddlers!  I got tired of this plain and BORING bathroom, so I did this to it:


I just LOVE it soooo much!  I can hardly wait to get pictures of my kids on the beach to hang in here!!!

And there you have it, my room by room makeovers.

  My bedroom is currently in progress, but it will probably be after Halloween before it's done.  DEFINITELY before Thanksgiving though!  I can't wait for the reveal on it.  It's going to be SO CUTE!!!  I have already purchased all of the furniture for it, since we had NOTHING but old, hand-me-down, it-will-do-for-now furniture, for, get this, less than $150!!!!  Gotta love great deals at DI and on KSL!!!  I looooove doing things like this on the cheap!!  I'M SOOOO EXCITED!  You're not going to believe how great this furniture is going to look once it's redone.  =) 

Next in line?  Probably the master bath, but I don't have a vision for that yet.  One thing at a time!  My brain might explode if I do more than that.

OH!!  WAIT!!!  (screeeeeching halt!)  How could I forget the MOST UNIQUE room of the ENTIRE house??!?!??!!!!!


THE STAR DOME!!!!

Have you ever been to a dome theater??  If so, that's what this is!!!  PRETTY COOL, huh??!?!?!!


This was the very beginnings of the dome, with his posterboard prototype in the foreground.
(UGH....the math!  And geometry at that, YUCK!!!)


It's taking shape in the basement...


Drywall going on....


Mudding is in progress.  More pictures to come later!  Now how's THAT for a room that someone would look at and say, "WHAT THE HECK were they thinking????"  =) 
(Good thing we don't ever plan on moving)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I NEED to come see your house!! Consider me self-invited the next week or so! :) I love, love, LOVE everything you've done (and are doing!)!

Debbie said...

Very impressed! I love all the changes you've made in your house.

Rachey-Foo said...

love the makeovers!!!! each one is fantastic and SO much fun. :) great job!!

Anonymous said...

Wow your brilliant! I'm so inspired!!! Makes me want to simplify my house, stop buying stuff so I can afford and have fun doing a make over every few yrs! Your definetly a super mom! Big props!