Monday, September 13, 2010

My New Toys

I got a couple of new toys over the weekend!!  I'm so excited about them both.  =)  The first is a new stove.  I never realized how I'd have to adjust to a new appliance like this, but it is so different than my last one.  I actually look forward to cooking and baking now!!!  And because of the flat top, clean up is a BREEEEEZE!  That was always my biggest complaint.  I HATED cleaning the stove top on the other one.  It was such a pain.  This new oven is a convection oven.  I have yet to really know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.  One of my favorite features in the oven is it's steam clean cycle.  Not to confuse it with self cleaning, which it has also, the steam clean feature allows me to pour 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of it, turn the cycle on so it can steam the spills loose, and then 20 minutes later, I simply wipe it out!! The bottom element is hidden, so I don't have to fuss around it.  I LOOOVE IT!!!
   

My second "new" treasure is this DARLING, rustic antique scale that I scored for pretty cheap on eBay.  After I redid my buffet, I knew exactly what I wanted to put in it....and this is it!!  I shrieked with delight when I pulled this baby out of the box.  The pictures the seller posted did not do it justice.  It's so charming and was meant just for me!!!  I absolutely LOVE it.  =)


I'm hoping Chris can help me put the hardware on sometime this week.  He's busy, busy, busy trying to fix the leak in the fridge and then he's going to paint it black to match the rest of my appliances, so I'm not sure it will happen anytime soon.  If I didn't think I'd screw it up and make them all uneven, I'd do it myself, but I'm not good at that kind of stuff.  I'll post another picture when it's done.

No comments: