Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Creative Zen

In my quest to find some vintage looking lamps for my bedroom makeover, I have been unsucessful in finding something that is cheaper than $40 or $50 that I actually like.  Multiply that by 2 and that was WAY more than I wanted to spend on lamps for my nightstands.  I just couldn't stomach paying more for the lamps than I did for the nightstands.  So, I took
THIS
(cheap Wal-Mart PLASTIC lamp post)


and THIS
(cheap Wal-Mart lamp shade)


and did
THIS
(with red spray paint and faux glaze)


and THIS
(with faux glaze and some vintage trim, which wasn't on yet because the glaze was still wet)


and made THIS!!


I am THRILLED with how it turned out!  I LOVE doing stuff like this on the cheap!!!!

Here are a few close ups of the detail:




6 comments:

Ronna said...

You are sooo creative and see so many possibilities that I wouldn't even consider -- I just don't think that way! Awesome and I love it!

By the way -- LOVE THE RED!!!! Red is my fave!

Love you bunches!

Marci Nielsen said...

That is so cool! I am now wanting to do my lamps (cheap walmart ones haha) and change up my bedroom. I would need a lot more creativity to make my room look good though. Our nightstand is also a cheap walmart one and we dont even have a head and foot board for our bed. haha

Jen said...

Do it Marci!! We've been married for 15 years and have never had a head or foot board either. I just bought one from KSL classifieds!! You should look and look often! There is some AWESOME stuff on there for dirt cheap!! I have paid less than $200 to furnish my whole bedroom. I can't wait to get it all done and post pictures!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

WHAT! I am sooooo impressed! I love how it turned out, dang it now I need to change the decor in my house to accommodate red.

Thanks for linking up!

Love your guts
mandi

Tinamarie said...

Crazy wonderful creative! Love how you took it to a whole new level!

Tinamarie said...

Crazy wonderful creative! Love how you took it to a whole nother level!