Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dylan!!

WOW...this is a busy time of year for birthday's at our house! As you know, Emily's was May 29th, Dylan's is today, June 10th, mine is June 29th and Chris' is July 11. Then our anniversary is August 5th!

It's not hard to think of so many good things to say about Dylan. He has been such an angel from the day he was born. He has always been such a well natured boy - THANK HEAVEN!! I hope his mellow, kind, loving demeanor continues through his teenage years.
Dylan has a very special spirit. One that was evidently strong before I ever got pregnant with him. I KNEW he was ready to come when he did. Chris and I had gone to the Sunday afternoon session of Conference in October of 2000. As we were walking out of the Conference Center, amidst all the hustle and bustle of people, I was looking at the beautiful Salt Lake Temple. I was on such a spiritual high, having just heard the prophet speak to me. I could feel the spirit so near. As I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion, I suddenly had the strongest feeling I was carrying life inside of me. I knew in that instant that I was expecting Dylan. I didn't question it for a second. I knew it as surely as the sun was shining.





Dylan was so heavenly when he was born! He brought such a special spirit into our home. It seems like I say that about all of my kids, but it's so true. They are a piece of heaven, so fresh and new from the presence of our Father in Heaven. I was often overwhelmed with emotion as I'd hold his tiny body in my arms and just marvel at what a miracle I had been blessed with. He was so perfect. So sweet. So innocent. At times I couldn't believe that I had been entrusted with such a special little spirit; that I had been chosen to be his mother. I still get teary eyed when I remember the emotion that was stirring within me.



Dylan has always been an obedient (for the most part) child. His teachers at school and at church always tell me what a great example he is and that they've never had a minutes trouble with him. He's always respectful, polite and kind to everyone around him.

Dylan is a chip off the old block. He's more like Chris than any of the others. DEFINITELY from the same mold!! He is quiet and shy when he's away from home - just like his dad - but at home.....talk about CRAZY, SILLY and ZANY!!! BOTH of them are the life of the party inside the walls of 4187!!! Seriously, there is NEVER a dull moment with one of them around - or with just one of them. Dylan inherited his dad's "talent" for nicknaming the family. Most of the names are for Todd and Landon, but he's been known to come up with some random, funny, off the wall names! Here are a few of the best: Doofenshmirts, Galactis, Horsey Hez, Pookah and Stinker Tingle!! There are a MILLION more, but those are the ones that come to mind first. He never ceases to put us in stitches!!! I've always had a favorite quote that says, "Tears through laughter is my favorite emotion". That is especially true when I'm laughing with my family. My cup truly runneth over!!! I have been so blessed with such a wonderful husband and SIX beautiful children. Two of whom were bonus packages when I married Chris.

I LOVE you so much, Dylan! I hope you have had a fun day today!! You have touched my heart in a very special way that I am eternally grateful for. Life is so much fun, so vibrant and happy with you around. I hope you will always know how blessed I feel to be your mommy. Words could never express the joy you bring me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Very sweet! I love to hear stories like this. Happy Birthday to Dylan.

The Green Family said...

Love your birthday blogs Jen. I think Dylan is a great, handsome, and caring child. Happy Birthday Dylan!