Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Other Tree Is Up!!

I don't always post twice in the same day, but today I did. So if you haven't read my blog lately, make sure you read the entry previous to this one. We finally got our first letter from CC since he went into the MTC!!

Anyway, I just finished decorating my living room and thought I'd post a picture. It's so cozy. This is where I sit at night and unwind. It's the one room in the house that is ALWAYS clean and I can go to to escape! I just love it!! Yes, I am pretty mental, having 2 Christmas trees upstairs, I know, but I can't imagine not putting both of them up. They are two completely different trees. I'll post another picture of this one when I take a picture of it during the day. It's more formal than my other one.


The kids love helping me set up the nativity and it always makes for a good photo op. I always find that they love to ask questions and talk about the birth of Christ as we do this - a great opportunity to teach them that Christmas isn't just about Santa and presents. I think the younger ones need to be reminded of this often. Their innocence is so sweet and touches my heart on a daily basis - especially when I see Landon sitting next to the table, talking to baby Jesus about how special he is. I must be getting through :)

2 comments:

Mike and Heather said...

Landon is so sweet! I think we should all talk to Jesus more often to let Him know how special He is. What a heart-melting moment to experience!
And the tree is beautiful!

Rachey-Foo said...

love the 2nd tree!! so cute!!