Monday, September 8, 2008

FALL

There's no doubt about it, I LOVE FALL!!!!


I have to echo my sister-in-law, Heather, about some of the things I love most about fall:
  • The changing colors all around me. I absolutely love autumn colors!
  • The crisp, refreshing, cool air
  • Opening the windows, whether in the house or in the car
  • Fires in the backyard fire pit
  • Getting cozy in a blanket
  • Hoodies and sweaters
  • Baking
  • Homemade chicken noodle soup with fresh baked rolls
  • For some weird reason, I love to paint the house this time of year
  • Planting tulip and daffodil bulbs
  • Pumpkins
  • Halloween
  • Thanksgiving
  • Gearing up for Christmas

As I mentioned, I love to bake this time of year, clear through the Christmas season. But you know fall is here when the aroma of my PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES fills the air! The smell is so yummy....the pumpkin, the spice...mmmmmmmmmm. They are the softest, most moist, easiest cookies you will ever bake.

Here's the recipe for anyone who is interested and doesn't already have it. There are only 3 ingredients in the recipe:


PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 large can of pumpkin

2 spice cake mixes

1 bag of chocolate chips.

Simply put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it all together. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

You can cut the recipe in half for a smaller batch by using a small can of pumpkin and halving the other 2 ingredients, but I guarantee that if you like these kind of cookies, you'll need the bigger recipe! They disappear as fast as they come out of the oven. And if you don't have kids at home to devour them, they make a great neighbor treat!

2 comments:

Rachey-Foo said...

mmmmm! these are my fave. and i am going to use the recipe ASAP. yay! i love easy recipes. they're the bestest!

ahhhh, Fall. i love it.

RINA :) said...

Oooh, I'm going to have to try that!